The heiress of Sunspear & future ruling Princess of Dorne.
23. my favourite part is probably figuring out their flaws and my least favourite is EASILY naming them. omg i hate it so much im so self-conscious about etymology and surnames are always a pain i hate it.
24. plotting character arcs is by far my favourite part of plotting and my least favourite part is…hmm…i guess trying to find the balance between foreshadowing a plot twist and still keeping it a twist? it can be kinda tricky.
47. if i can’t change anything i’m stealing cat stark from grrm because she’s a nuanced and compelling character with an important story line and tbh she’s my favourite ever. if i can change then MOST DEFINITELY i’m
stealing rescuing gale from suzanne collins bc he deserved better #bye
48. i would write the winds of winter so everyone would stop complaining, all the characters d&d fucked over would be important, and i would kill off certain characters just to watch the fandom burn. i’m a bitter old hag w/e.
49. OMG idk that i could collaborate bc i’m such an asshole. if the author i worked with was super talented i’d be full of self-doubt and if they weren’t i’d be like “…i don’t wanna sign my name to this.” I’M THE WORST.
25. omg im so bad at advice. i would probably just say like you have to believe in yourself bc there’s no guarantee anybody else will and at the end of the day you’re the only person you have for sure. also be open to criticism. like you don’t have to take all of it to heart but definitely consider it. and never worry that somebody else has written a story like the one you’re writing, nobody will be able to tell if the way you do. IM CHEESY W/E
26. honestly i don’t have a preference! i love ebooks bc i don’t have to lug around 25 books at once but i also do enjoy physically turning pages so idk. i’m just happy to read!
27. honestly i loooove writing paranormal young adult novels. especially historical paranormal. but i’m also a fan of fantasy and biblical or mythological re-imaginings idk if the latter counts as a genre lol.
28. OOHH. it really depends. i generally spend a lot of time with beginnings because that’s where you sell your novel but i can struggle with the middle sometimes too. like certain wips the story came to me at the beginning so that was easy but then others i tried to write a great beginning 10/15 times before it stuck.
29. writing, definitely. editing is tricky for me bc if i’m not directed i tend to get pretty self-conscious and probably overcompensate.
30. surprisingly, no. but i did really want to write/planned out in my head an asoiaf fic set in thg universe a couple of years ago. although tbf im glad i didnt write it. i feel much better when im writing my own characters bc i created them lol.
(by Red umbrella…..☂)
17. umm. lol ideally yes but i would have final author approval or something bc i dont think i could stand aside and let my characters be whitewashed or slimmed down or mischaracterized. idk. i dont trust anybody tbh. lol my best friend is always like “you’d be SO critical if they made yr books into movies” and im like…true.
18. that they aren’t properly executed 98% of the time? that i’d be more interested in seeing polyamory (lol as if this will ever happen)? again they’re okay in theory but basically trite af at this point and rarely written in a manner that’s engaging and interesting and doesn’t have my eyes rolling to the back of my head. idk. im definitely tired of boy a likes girl boy b likes girl girl isn’t ~sure~ even though its clear after half the first novel of a trilogy that the author thinks boy a is her soulmate. i love pining and experimenting and i really love when a character dates more than one person bc im so not into ~~eternal true love~~ most of the time but im just…so over love triangles for the most part.
40. OMG NOT FAIR parents can’t play favourites. no okay so i really love all of my heroines more or less equally but i think i will probably always have a soft spot for my character natalie bc i love her transformation and hero’s journey so much like i love seriously flawed characters who learn to be better and rlly have to work for it and im DANGEROUSLY CLOSE TO JUST SPOILING EVERYTHING when i talk about her so im gonna stop lol.
43. LOL YEP. but only because i thought it capped off their arc perfectly. i mean i don’t kill for the fun of it but i do it. and i always conceive the character knowing that’s going to be their fate if it happens so i hope their death is meaningful.
12. UMMMM. I HATE THIS QUESTIOOOON. i don’t have a ~favourite author~ but if i had to answer it’d probably be faulkner. yes im trash for loving a crusty old white dude so much but here we are.
42. OH MY GOD YES YES YES i am the MOST guilty of making everything 39393% hard on my characters. if they aren’t bruised battered and emotionally distressed i’m not doing my job. also i’m definitely guilty of whatever the male equivalent of fridging characters is, lol.
50. I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS FOR SO LONG AND I STILL DONT REALLY KNOW??? i read shades of london kinda recently and even though it got REALLY SAD i think i would be cool w/ living in london and zapping ghosts so i’ll go w/ that but this is not a solid answer